About AWA digital
AWA digital is a Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) agency with a proven track record of improving websites to produce more orders, sales and enquiries - and we do this for websites in a variety of languages.
Today, we are one of the fastest growing multichannel Conversion Rate Optimisation agencies with over 50 blue chip retail clients. We operate globally with offices in the US, UK and South Africa.
Founded in 2009, as Applied Web Analytics, the name was simplified in 2013 to reflect the full range of conversion rate services we offer – from usability testing and ‘deep-dive’ data analysis to full implementation, including designing new webpages and executing split-tests.
Dan believed there was a need for an analytics company that understood the specific challenges facing multichannel businesses. He realised that the real value of tools like Google Analytics lies not in having them installed, but in using them properly. Sales increases come from understanding the data and taking action on the insights revealed.
From the start, AWA gained impressive results and uplifts for clients. By the end of the first year, the team had expanded rapidly and secured a growing roster of multichannel clients.
However, it became apparent that analytics alone was not sufficient. Clients started asking AWA to focus on all aspects of improving conversion, and it was clear that this is where the ‘quantum leap’ gains were to be achieved.
To generate these double-digit growths AWA developed a structured 5-step system. Underlying it is the philosophy of going for big wins as quickly as possible, rather than small tweaks here and there.
In 2011 the team started to document the processes of this unique system and it was trademarked in 2013 as the AWA Conversion System™.
The AWA Conversion System™ has five steps. The first two focus on how we gather information and data, and the final two describe how we test, implement and continuously improve.
At the centre is Triage™, our unique prioritisation analysis which allows us to identify the most profitable areas to focus on and – almost as important – which ones to ignore.
Since its inception, the AWA Conversion System™ has demonstrated an average return on investment for AWA clients of 5,010% (yes, that’s over 5,000 percent).
In other words, for every £1 AWA clients invest, they get back £51 in increased sales.
AWA continues to develop its range of CRO services for multichannel businesses, both in the UK and globally.
Our experienced team has specialists in three key areas:
- Optimisation – analyse, develop insight, create wireframes and set up split-tests
- Creative – overall creative strategy, content, copywriting and design
- Technical – set up CRO tools and handle complex code modifications
You can rely on our specialist teams to give you not only great results, but also outstanding service. We are driven to find the right answers to give you real results. You’ll find we keep our promises, stick to deadlines, communicate clearly and are passionate about getting to the heart of what’s the best approach for your business.
We believe that when you want to buy something, you should be able to find what you need and purchase it quickly and easily.
We know from our experience of improving the websites of both small and large businesses that there are a myriad of different ways in which websites are not easy to buy from.
This creates frustration for users, wastes their time and collectively reduces the happiness and efficiency of society. Giving people the power to buy what they want quickly and easily enables them to spend more time enjoying other activities, including time spent with friends and family.
For businesses there are also benefits to making buying easy. It offers a better experience for customers that builds loyalty and creates a sustainable, growing business. Customers tend to purchase more often and spend more, which lowers prices for all, and helps create a stable economy and a prosperous society.
We have had a lot of success in understanding the obstacles that get in the way of making a ‘wanted buy’ – and how to improve things so that buying is easy. This is verified by the dozens of scientific experiments we run every year, split testing new variants of a web page versus the existing web page.
There is so much more to web optimization than simply improving website usability. It includes providing reasons to potential customers as to why they should buy from you rather than your competitors.
In our hearts, the notion that ‘buying should be easy’ is what drives us. This core purpose is underpinned by our core values.
- Evidence over opinion
- Results and impact
- Knowledge and sharing
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexibility and curiosity
This is represented on our brand wheel or ‘Golden Circle’ shown below:
Our social responsiblity
We believe that success is a responsibility as well as a privilege. Here’s how we give something back:
- We give away our money – 5% of our profits are given to one charity each year. Last year this was York Mind. Based in York, this charity provides training and recovery-based services to individuals with mental health problems
- We give away our time – All members of staff have it written into their contracts that they are entitled to spend five days a year working on community projects
- We give away our expertise – Every six months we give away a free CRO Toolkit and Training service (worth £4,000) to a bona fide charity. If you are charity and would like us to help you please get in touch.
Why work with us?
We asked some of our clients why they like working with us. Here’s what they said:
- NO HASSLE: The AWA Conversion System™ is proven to generate extra sales, without spending more money on website visitors. Often we can run split tests without code changes, so you don’t need to involve your developers.
- FRESH PERSPECTIVE: We work with many different retail clients, so you benefit from our fresh pair of eyes combined with many years’ retail experience. As independent observers, we often find things that are ‘hidden in plain sight’ when you’re too close to it.
- STAYING AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION: We keep up to date with the latest tools and techniques and we pass on that knowledge to you, to help you stay ahead of your competitors and not get left behind.
- THE RIGHT ANSWERS: Our unique 5-step AWA Conversion System™ is a structured process that has proven time and again that it leads to solid testing strategies which uncover the right approaches to optimise your website.
- TRACK RECORD: Our results and case studies demonstrate that our methods create exciting sales uplifts.
- SERVICES: Our comprehensive and flexible range of CRO services means there’s one to suit your budget and in-house capability, leaving you free to concentrate on your core business, without distractions.
What to do next…
1. Download free CRO resources
Access our helpful free guides on all aspects of CRO from the mysteries of Universal Analytics, to web copy, usability, split testing and more. Or sign up for our 11 helpful tips; two weeks of CRO golden nuggets, sent straight to your inbox.
2. Buy ‘E-commerce Website Optimization’
Amazon business book, co-written by AWA’s CEO and COO, Dan Croxen-John and Johann van Tonder. Buy on Amazon
3. Call us and ask how we would optimise your site
What help do you need? A little extra resource to help your team code up split tests faster, or make sense of analytics? Or a full service optimisation agency, able to handle international websites? Just call 020 7887 2695 and ask for a quote.